Validation is one of those things every app needs, but none of us really gets excited about it. The Laravel docs tell you what each rule does, but in this book, Aaron and Joel get into the "how" and "why" using real-world examples.
You'll learn how to:
- Upgrade the security of your app
- Improve the quality of your data
- Make validation second-nature
- Write rules that are easy to maintain and understand
- Adopt a standard about what to validate and how to do it
I know what you're thinking, this will be as boring as reading the dictionary. However, if you've ever listened to the No Compromises podcast, you know it will be anything but!